Sunday, April 27, 2008

Brouwersgracht

A view of Westermarkt from the canals 20-April 2008
I'm having a blast discovering this beautiful area where the big canals (Prinsen-, Keiser- Herengracht and Singel) meet Brouwersgracht up on the northwest end of the Centruum near Centraal station. Great for bike riding. Mostly residential but never more than a block away from a cute shop, a brown bar or cafe. The northernmost part of the Singel has a mini-red light district. Hardly a full-blown district, just the occasional window or two down a quiet side street. These ladies seem to serve a quieter clientele, whilst the lager louts tend to find their pleasure in the older (and I think seedier) RLD more toward Gelderskade and Rokin on the east side of the center.

2 comments:

  1. This is the news I've been waiting for. I like the idea of a quiet, lout-free RLD. I'm going to move here and become AmsterHo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL Bill!!!!! OMG. Amsterho, quick take the domain name before it goes! lol lol

    ReplyDelete

Love, love, love comments, suggestions, ideas, words of praise, unlimited adoration, witty somethings. Aww, just spit it out. I love it that you even read my blog...a comment too!!! That gets you extra points!!