Sunday, April 13, 2008

Reclaim The Streets Protest 11-April-2008

What luck! I wandered into our neighborhood with the idea of taking some shots to illustrate my surroundings for you and BAM I stumbled upon this protest.
A lot more photo bang for the effort than I ever expected! The politie was right there with them, and I think the march was more obstructed by photogs like me than by law enforcement. Hey, it's Amsterdam, if you want to organize a street blockage on a sunny Saturday, nobody's gonna get too wound up about it. I live about a block from here. It was very shady along a lot of the route, so when they crossed this bridge at Jacob Van Lennekade we all went crazing snapping shots as they came into the sun.

1 comment:

  1. I love a serendipitous bonus. It's like your higher power tossing you a little lagniappe.

    ReplyDelete

Love, love, love comments, suggestions, ideas, words of praise, unlimited adoration, witty somethings. Aww, just spit it out. I love it that you even read my blog...a comment too!!! That gets you extra points!!